All Aboard for the Lexington Barbecue Festival! (Oct. 26)
Get ready for a day filled with barbecue, live music and family-friendly attractions as NC By Train gets you to the Lexington Barbecue Festival on Oct. 26, dropping you off at the welcome center, thanks to a one-day special train stop.
More than 200,000 people are expected to attend this free festival, which spans a 10-block stretch of uptown Lexington with 400 vendors and plenty of barbecue. It all begins at 8:30 a.m. and runs until 6 p.m.
Use station code LEX when booking tickets.
Board at any of these stops: Charlotte, Kannapolis, Salisbury, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington, Durham, Cary and Raleigh
Getting to the Festival
- Take the morning 6:30 a.m. Piedmont 73 train, which arrives in Lexington at 8:40 a.m.
- Take the 10 a.m. midday Piedmont 75 train, which arrives at 12:10 p.m.
- Take the morning 6:45 a.m. Carolinian 80 train, which arrives in Lexington at 7:50 a.m.
- Take the 10:30 a.m. mid-day Piedmont 74 train, which arrives at 11:32 a.m.
Getting Home From the Festival
- Take Piedmont 76, departing at 4:17 p.m., and arrive in Raleigh at 6:31 p.m.
- Take Piedmont 78, departing at 8:02 p.m., and arrive in Raleigh at 10:16 p.m.
- Take Piedmont 77, departing at 5:13 p.m., and arrive in Charlotte at 6:18 p.m.
- Take Carolinian 79, departing at 7:53 p.m., and arrive in Charlotte at 9:01 p.m.
For more information,
visit the festival website.