NC By Train offers six Piedmont trains (trains 73, 74, 75, 76) daily to Charlotte, Kannapolis, Salisbury, High Point, Greensboro, Burlington, Durham, Cary and Raleigh. The Carolinian trains (trains 79 and 80) stop at Selma, Wilson and Rocky Mount en route to Richmond, Va., Washington, D.C. and New York.
Amtrak’s Thru-Trains, the Crescent, Palmetto, Silver Meteor and Silver Star, make selected stops through North Carolina on their way north to Washington, D.C., and New York and south to Atlanta, New Orleans and Miami.
Click here for schedule changes, effective June 4, 2018, that include
a new daily roundtrip between Charlotte and Raleigh.
NC By Train Schedule
|Rocky Mount||3:36 PM|
|Raleigh||6:45 AM||11:45 AM||5:16 PM|
|Cary||6:58 AM||11:58 AM||5:29 PM|
|Durham||7:19 AM||12:19 PM||5:50 PM|
|Burlington||7:55 AM||12:55 PM||6:28 PM|
|Greensboro||8:21 AM||1:21 PM||6:58 PM|
|High Point||8:38 AM||1:38 PM||7:19 PM|
|Salisbury||9:14 AM||2:14 PM||7:55 PM|
|Kannapolis||9:31 AM||2:31 PM||8:12 PM|
|Charlotte||10:04 AM||3:04 PM||8:44 PM|
|Charlotte||7:00 AM||12:00 PM||5:15 PM|
|Kannapolis||7:25 AM||12:27 PM||5:42 PM|
|Salisbury||7:43 AM||12:44 PM||5:59 PM|
|High Point||8:17 AM||1:20 PM||6:35 PM|
|Greensboro||8:39 AM||1:42 PM||6:57 PM|
|Burlington||9:01 AM||2:03 PM||7:18 PM|
|Durham||9:42 AM||2:42 PM||7:57 PM|
|Cary||10:02 AM||3:03 PM||8:18 PM|
|Raleigh||10:25 AM||3:21 PM||8:36 PM|
|Rocky Mount||11:52 AM|
* See full Carolinian schedule.
- Wi-Fi is available on NC By Train.
- Coffee and bottled water is available in the Piedmont lounge car, as well as drink and snack vending machines that offer a large selection of refreshments at reasonable prices.
- A café car with meals, snacks and beverages is available on the Carolinian. Learn more about dining options on Amtrak's website.
- Carolinian Business Class Service includes a pillow, digital newspaper and complimentary non-alcoholic beverage.
- Volunteer train hosts serve on NC By Train, providing information and highlighting points of interest along the route.